Mit ‘ikeahackers’ getaggte Beiträge

Mein kleiner Artikel über die Steinwand im Wohnzimmer erfreut sich reger Beliebtheit, daher möchte ich euch meine erste Steinwand in unserer vorigen Mietwohnung nicht vorenthalten. Eine ähnliche Steinwand haben wir im Haus auch realisiert, nur diesmal montiert auf einem Holz-Grundgerüst und damit rund 7cm von der Wand entfernt. Dadurch konnten wir die Steine indirekt von hinten beleuchten. Gefällt uns noch immer richtig gut =)

2012 habe ich mich das erste mal an ein solches Projekt herangewagt und nach langer Suche die passenden Steine im Baumarkt gefunden. Um das alles später wieder entfernen zu können (Mietwohnung) habe ich die Steine damals auf Gipskarton geklebt. Der Gipskarton selbst wurde mit diversen Schrauben an der Wand fixiert.

Das gute Stück hängt noch heute in der Wohnung, denn die Nachmieter haben uns die Wand spontan abgekauft =)

Hier mein damaliger Artikel, den ich bei veröffentlicht habe:


I’ve been inspired by an IKEAhackers post from Chris, who did a fantastic job on his Besta-based media center.

But instead of going with the Framsta Panels, I decided to go for a realistic looking DIY cement stones wall with a couple of light spots on top, hidden in a Besta Burs rack.

But let’s start with the base. I used a couple of white Besta cabinets with black doors and drilled holes in their walls, to be able to hide all those wires from the AV equipment, lighting etc.


top mounted rack with spotlight modification

tiles on the wall, half way through

top mounted rack with spotlights and the finished wall

I also installed a bright RGB LED into the Besta cabinet on the left, to light up the wines and glases stored in there.

I screwed a couple of drywalls to my existing wall in the living room, on which I glued the cement stones bought in my local hardware shop. The stones wouldn’t stick for very long when glued directly to the wallpaper, also I wanted to be able to remove the entire wall easily.

I left a little space free of stones so I could wall-mount my TV. What I forgot (and regret) to build is a little channel below the TV to hide the wires. As it’s not possible to do this after gluing the stones on the drywall, I decided to use a aluminum panel to hide the wires of the TV. I won’t forget this the next time building such wall ;)

The last thing I did, was drilling four holes for the light spots into the Besta Burs rack (I had to buy two Besta Burs racks, as they’re sold in black or white only. But I definetly wanted a white corpus with a black door). I picked some dimmable ‘Paulmann’ spots from the local hardware store which can be mounted into walls or in this case, into the rack. So everything is hidden in the rack itself… the bulbs, cables etc. The power cable to the lights is hidden within the drywall.

So that’s it… one of my best IKEA hacks so far =)

the result: top mounted rack with spotlights, stones mounted on the wall, tv & av equipment in place… and flowers of course 😉

What IKEA materials I used to build this:
1x Besta Burs rack, white
1x Besta Burs rack, black
2x Besta cabinets, white (120x40x38cm)
4x Besta Tofta Doors, black
1x Besta cabinet (60x40x64cm)
1x Besta Tofta Door with black wooden and a glas-part in the middle
7x Besta Legs

Non-IKEA materials:
Screws + Screw anchors
Paulmann light spots
Decorative (cement) stones
Dry adhesive for the stones

And two days of time :)

Total cost of this project was a little above 1100,- Euro …but worth every cent and hour!

~ Jens, Stuttgart, Germany


Ergänzend hier noch diverse Fotos, die wir damals beim „Basteln“ geschossen haben… viel Spaß beim Nachbauen 😉